It’s hard to deny that mat training, without being the panacea, is a smart way to decline certain workouts.
Particularly during winter, when temperatures turn negative and / or bad weather makes the soil unstable.
A muscle building session performed indoors (if you have a membership in a fitness center) can also be the occasion for a warm-up jog on a mat.
But the best way to do this is to go to a gym that has an indoor track (as well as a large area of mats).
If you don’t have a membership, you can always get a few friends to join you for a workout on the floor. But for those who have access to a gym with a track, I think that it’s a great idea to use it.
- Runners sensitive to the Achilles level should favor an incline of 1% in order to spare their tendons. Maintaining a minimal slope is also a good idea to erase the advantage of training on the mat.
- One advantage of training on a mat is that it allows very easy liquid refueling. So make sure your hydrate regularly, especially when the session exceeds 45 minutes and is performed in a confined space (gym type). In this way, you get into the habit, much more than outside, of drinking without ceasing your effort.
- Be careful not to become “addicted” to the carpet. Running must remain a sport to be practiced outdoors, on courses constantly changed to avoid any monotony.
THE TYPE OF TRAINING TO BE PERFORMED
Beyond the simple jogging of recovery – often while listening to music – on a very relaxed tempo, the mat makes it possible to target certain much more ambitious efforts. ~~Some examples :
- The fractional . Like the work done on an athletics track, the interval training on a mat allows you to alternate intense efforts and periods of recovery. Focus on effort time rather than distance (for better accuracy) and be sure to stay focused when changing treadmill speeds. ~The advantage of the carpet : keep a constant speed. The entire session, therefore, remains balanced. ~
- The train session . Whether you are preparing for a 10km, a half-marathon or a marathon, it is important to know how to memorize the target pace in order to achieve your chronometric aim. On carpet, the differences in tempo are zero and this allows better quality work.
The advantage of the carpet : allow a more coherent effort as it is free of any interference (crossroads, roundabouts, etc.) And changes in the terrain’s slope.
- They split in the hill . The advantage of the carpet is to allow a smooth effort on a regular slope. Be careful not to exaggerate the percentage. Avoid going beyond 6%. Better to lengthen the duration of the effort or the number of repetitions than to run on a steep slope.
The plus of the carpet : unlike the sessions carried out in nature, it avoids the descent phase, which is always restrictive for the tendons and quadriceps.
Put the mat in a neutral position on the slope during the cool-down period.
THE PRECAUTIONARY ACTIONS TO BE ADOPTED
Running without a warm up is a good way to hurt yourself. Runners who run too fast have a higher chance of getting injured. You should warm up for at least 10 minutes before you start running. If you notice any signs of pain, it’s a good idea to slow down and do other types of exercise.
Don’t be distracted by a television screen or a conversation and remain focused during the entire session. Sometimes a fall happens with unfortunate consequences. It is possible to build mental qualities from carpet work.
The runner has to find the strength to go to the end of his session without giving up, because he has been deprived of visual distraction.
A good warm-up will get the blood flowing through your body. It will also prepare your muscles for the activity that you will be doing. In order to warm up properly, you must warm up your legs, back, chest, arms, and stomach. You should stretch out your muscles for 10 minutes before you start running.
This is the time to warm up your body, not your mind. Make sure you wear the proper shoes when you run. Your feet should fit snugly into the shoe. Running with poor shoes can result in injury. Runners need to make sure they have a good pair of shoes that fit their feet well.
If you are not sure what kind of shoes to wear, you should talk to someone who has been running for a long time. Running is an excellent way to stay in shape. There are many different ways to run. You can run outside or you can run indoors.