In this busy life, most people don’t have enough free time for outdoor exercise or morning jogging. Office work, permanent congestion leads you to poor health and weight gain.
Congratulations, finally you realize you need to pay attention to heath. You may be thinking of joining a gym. It’s a good idea.
However, it will cost you money. Instead of paying thousands of dollars on gym membership you can simply buy an affordable exercise bike for your home work out.
There are three different types of exercise bikes available on the market:
Upright Exercise Bike
An upright bike resembles to a traditional road bike in terms of design and function. It positions the body to mimic the riding experience of a regular road bike and tends to offer a compact design to save your space. One advantage of this style is you can lift yourself off the seat and pedal with greater force which may fell like climbing on a hill.
Recumbent Exercise bikes
Recumbent exercise bikes, on the other hand, offer increased back support featuring a larger seat, a semi-reclined position, and multiple adjustment points. You can make adjustment as you like to find a comfortable workout position. The step-through design is great for older adults and those recovering from injuries.
An indoor cycle will take your home work out to the next level. Designed with avid cyclists keeping in mind, they offer more adjustments for the seat and handlebars to most closely imitate a high-end road bike.
Racing style pedals help transmit your effort to the extra heavy flywheel which creates the feeling of riding outdoors.
If you're looking for the smoothest quietest ride possible, look for a heavier flywheel weight of at least nine kilograms. A larger flywheel also offers more levels of resistance allowing you to step up your workout intensity.
Features on exercise bikes
We have already discussed about different types of exercise bike and some particular features of them. Along with that you should look for some other features in an exercise bike.
The comfort and convenience of using an exercise bike is determined by the features it is equipped with. The variety in this area is quite large, but the functions that arouse the greatest interest among buyers are:
- Measurements of speed, time, and distance - these are one of the most basic functions that allow you to obtain important information about training such as its duration or distance traveled during it.
- Pedaling frequency - this option allows you to find out how fast you can work with your legs during training.
- Energy consumption - it is calculated in kilo-calories (Kcal), this is required data for slimming people. The more calories you burn the more you become slim.
- Measurement of pulse and upper pulse limit - this function should be required mainly people who have craniological problems.
- Measurement of heart rate during the rest phase with fitness assessment (Test Recovery) - thanks to this function, the exerciser can find out his physical condition.
- Program settings - in this way you can program the equipment for individual needs and expectations.
Advantages of exercise bikes
Exercise bikes have many advantages.
- First of all, they enable effective training at home, besides they do not eat up much space. They compel the muscles of the lower body to work intensively, with particular emphasis on the muscles of the calves, thighs and buttocks.
- Training brings a number of benefits to the body - it improves its efficiency, helps to lose unwanted body fat or deal with with troublesome back pain, and also has a positive effect on the respiratory and cardio vascular systems. Muscles become more elastic and bones become stronger.
- Moreover, training should also be viewed from a different angle - it improves mental well-being and effectively releases stress. The human body releases endorphins also known as hormones of happiness while doing physical exercise.
Does cycling training have disadvantages?
There is no way to answer such a question clearly with yes or know. You would not find any serious disadvantages of this type of physical training, but you can point to some disadvantages that are associated with it.
- First of all - cycling training is designed to stimulate work to the lower body, mainly the legs. The upper body participates in training to a much lesser extent.
- Secondly - incorrectly positioned saddle and handlebar could make you feel discomfort in the form of back pain. So you should pay attention to the adjustment range of these parameters when buying a bicycle. It is also worth consulting a specialist in these matters.
- Thirdly - cycling training may start to get boring after some time.
Exercise bike could be a good piece of fitness equipment if you choose it wisely. We hope this article will help you in your selection process. However, we always encourage outside workout if possible.
It will not only affect your body but also your mind. However, having an exercise bike at home is a plus, but whenever you get change try to do outside workout.