If you care for firm, slender arms, and by the way you want to lose a few kilos, start exercising with dumbbells. Contrary to appearances, it is not only equipment designed for men. We'll tell you what to do when choosing your first dumbbells and how to match them to the type of exercise you do.
Dumbbells for women usually have a different destiny than those for men. They strengthen the muscles to a lesser extent, but enough to allow the slenderness and elasticity of the body. They are especially recommended for women who have little strength in their hands and would like to prevent the skin from slackening. Exercises with dumbbells are also important in the prevention of osteoporosis - they strengthen not only muscles but also bones. Increased bone density means less susceptibility to injuries and fractures.
Exercise with dumbbells is also an effective way to burn excess fat from the whole body, because this kind of training usually involves several parts of muscles at once and forces them to exercise more than traditional exercises.
Currently, many types of dumbbells for women are available on the market. They differ in weight, the material from which they were made, colors. An important criterion when shopping is also the nature of the exercises that we intend to perform with the help of dumbbells.
The best product in this category is Bowflex 552i - Adjustable dumbbells for women from 2 kg up to 24 kg, black from the manufacturer Bowflex. The product is currently the number 1 bestseller on Amazon and can be purchased for a cheap price. With this offer you save a lot of money after a price comparison! It is also recommended to look for an OCU test report for this product.
Our recommendation for best 8 adjustable dumbbells for women
In this article we have collected detailed information on Bowflex Adjustable Dumbbells for women. For a quick overview, we have presented a clear comparison of the best products in this category in the table above. In addition, we have listed the current list of the best 2019, other sources and videos on relevant topics below. In this case, our experts did not perform their own Bowflex Adjustable Dumbbell test. Our recommendation is based on data that we have added from various sources. This includes, for example, test reports from the OCU (Organization of Consumers and Users) , experience reports and actual customer evaluations.
- Dumbbells from 2 to 24 kg
- Weight (kg): 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 23, 24 kg
- 24 month warranty
- Adjustable dumbbells that do the work of multiple dumbbells in one.
- The weight is adjusted from 10 pounds to 90 pounds in 5 pound increments with the turn of a dial.
- Suitable for both basic toning and strength exercises and heavy leg lifts.
- Durable molding surrounds metal plates to create a smooth and quiet lift.
Rank #3: Bowflex SelectTech 560 Dumbbell
Description Adjustable Bowflex 560i halters: The new smart BowFlex® SelectTech® 560 dumbbells with a fully interactive experience to help you during your intense sports workouts. An electronic sensor is integrated into the dumbbells, called 3dt (TM) and allows you to travel during training as a personal trainer can do for you.
Rank #4: Ringstar Starring 65 105 200 Lbs Adjustable Dumbbells
- Adjustable dumbbell set (2.3kg up to 20kg) 2 units
- Weights can be adjusted handle with swivel
- Efficient & saves space - combine 16 types of weight in a dumbbell
- No dumbbell hiker anymore - whisper lift and reduce by rubber band
- Includes download station Floralia each dumbbell
Rank #5: TELK Adjustable Dumbbells
- Super convenient as they are portable and easy to carry when you play sports when you are traveling, on vacations, cruises and work trips. Easy to store; lightweight and foldable
- Guaranteed for no leaks - to refill - fill your sink / sink with water and submerge the water bags for the best results.
- Easy to use and you can adjust the weight for any member of the family.
- It is very safe to use and does not cause damage to the body and the ground.
- Inject water into the bag and adjust to 20 kg - 25 kg according to your
- Adjustable for each weight: 5 lb / 2.5 kg to 52.5 lb / 24 kg --- 24 kg weights, 10 lb / 5 kg to 90 lb / 40 kg ---- 40 kg weights
- Quick and easy assembly: it takes only 1-2 minutes to quickly change from one heavy weight to the next, with durable steel and a long service life.
- Versatile: whether you want to put it at home or in a professional gym, it is the ideal solution to save space. Easy to transport and assemble with you
- Extensive practice: within a wider weight range, you can practice heavy exercises such as shrugging and ramming, as well as lighter exercises such as curls and lifts.
- Suitable for all types of workouts: for aerobics, step or walk. Suitable for a variety of individual and group exercises, which include jogging and strong walking, aerobics, general exercise, physical therapy and even yoga practice. Suitable for beginners and advanced fitness enthusiasts
Rank #7: Rep Fitness Rubber Hex Dumbbell Set
- Neoprene Dumbbel: Training your workouts with the neoprene weight. Resistance training not only tones muscles and increases strength, but can also burn calories, increase energy levels, protect bone health and more.
- Colorful neoprene coating: the weights have an easy-grip neoprene coating, which helps ensure a secure grip during use. The rubber-like coating also helps protect floors and allows weights to be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Add intensity to your workout: from the chest and shoulders to the biceps and triceps, weights can be used for a wide range of exercises. Use the weight at home or take it with you to stay within the schedule with your exercise routine no matter where you go.
- Ideal for all types of workouts: ideal for aerobics, step or walk. Perfect for a variety of individual and group workouts, including jogging and forcing, aerobics, general exercise, physical therapy and even yoga routines. Ideal for beginners and advanced fitness enthusiasts alike
- Suggestions: due to processing, the surface impregnation process requires pores. This is not a quality problem and will not affect the use. Each package includes 1 pair of dumbbells for your workout.
Rank #8: Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells
- Easy to use: with a simple turn of a dial you can adjust your resistance from 5 pounds (2 kg) all the way up to 24 kg (52.5 pounds) in weight.
- It fits your workout - increments of a wide range of weights, due to the small one, which allows you to optimize the weight to your current form and maximize your workouts.
- Space and effective price - the best space and economic option - say goodbye to 15 sets of weights saturate your training space.
- Safe to use, durable new and improved with a locking mechanism.
- Complete training - thanks to the wide range of weight, you can do both heavy exercises (such as lunges), as well as light exercises (such as curls), and target many muscle groups.
The list of the 8 best products listed above shows the best Adjustable Dumbbells for women, which our experts determine based on current bestsellers of the corresponding product category, among other things. They have done. The list and its sequence are generated with the help of valuations of existing buyers and previous sales figures. This results in great importance of the results. About this also makes it possible to compare products without having to perform a test on your own. This saves a lot of time, effort and money.
Types Of Dumbbells For Women
Due to the material from which the dumbbells are made, we distinguish:
Neoprene dumbbells - the inside of the dumbbell is made of cast iron, while the neoprene covers the weight only on the outside. The synthetic shell makes the device pleasant to touch - it is not cold and rugged, as in the case of a metal grille dumbbell. Good neoprene does not absorb moisture, so there is less risk that the weight will slip out of your hand. In addition, if the dumbbell hits us on the floor, the material will dampen the sound of the impact and absorb the fall.
Available weights of neoprene dumbbells range from 0.5 to 5 kg.They come in different colors and can have different endings: round, triangular, square. Custom shapes prevent the weights from rolling away after weaving.
Soft dumbbells - covered with nice PVC material on the outside. They are available only with one type of ending, round, so after weaning the dumbbell can easily move. Typically, their weight does not exceed 2 kg. Small sizes make them suitable for people with small hands, having problems with comfortable gripping other types of dumbbells.
Vinyl dumbbells (otherwise: coated) - the interior is made of concrete, while on the outside are covered with a vinyl layer. They have ends with special grooves that prevent the weight from rolling over the floor. Available weights of vinyl dumbbells range from 1.5 to 5 kg.They are slightly larger than soft or neoprene dumbbells, therefore they are not recommended for people with small hands. They come in a wide range of colors.
Rubber dumbbells - the rubber used in them has an anti-slip effect.Dumbbells are divided into three types:
- All covered with a rubber coating - they are the smallest and weigh from 0.5 to 5 kg;
- With rubber-covered endings - found in both smaller and larger weights (up to 50 kg);
- With rubber plates - these dumbbells are designed for advanced people in strength exercises. The weight of the plates varies between 7-37 kg.
Dumbbells with a handle - they can be covered with neoprene or a soft sponge. They have a velcro closure, which is perfect for aerobic exercises, because it prevents the device from slipping out of hand. The material from which they are made, however, has a big disadvantage - it easily absorbs moisture, so that after some time the dumbbells may look soiled and smell bad. Available weights are from 0.5 to 5 kg.
Bitumen dumbbells - they consist of a neck, clamps and plates. The plates are made of sand mass and covered with plastic. You can change them depending on your needs. Recommended for people who have chosen strength training. The maximum available weight is 10 kg.
Cast iron dumbbells - just like bituminous ones, they consist of a neck, clamps and plates. The plates are made of cast iron.
What Dumbbells To Start With?
If you plan training with dumbbells only for a specific purpose, such as firming your arms or losing a few kilograms, choose neoprene, soft, vinyl or rubber dumbbells. They will be more convenient and comfortable than adjustable, bituminous and cast iron dumbbells. If you want to enrich your aerobic training with strength elements, choose a dumbbell with a handle - they will be more securely in your hand.
Completely beginners who have never used strength training should start with the least weight, or 0.5 kg. More athletic, they can try to start with 2 kg. To check if you have adjusted the weight of the dumbbells well to your abilities, do approx. 13 eccentricities with weights. If you feel tired, but your hands do not shake, it is a sign that you have picked up the device with the correct weight.
As time passes your muscles will become stronger. Small loads of 0.5 or 1 kg can stop the positive effects of training. When you feel that muscles do not work as much as they do when working with dumbbells, change the dumbbells to a heavier one - for example by 0.5 kg. If you only want to firm your body parts, but do not want to emphasize them, choose weights weighing up to 5 kg.
Bitumen and cast iron dumbbells are useful for people who plan regular training in order to build visible muscle mass. The purchase of plates with different weights will facilitate the transition to the next levels and will be cheaper than buying separate weights each time.
Buying Guide for Adjustable Dumbbells for women
If you want to buy the best Bowflex Adjustable Dumbbells, then you should consider some criteria in any case. Next, our test experts have developed the most important checklists to help you make the best purchase decision . We are sure that you will find a good or even the best product in the Bowflex Adjustable Dumbbells category if you consider our criteria and recommendations when looking for a product.
- Manufacturer: Are known manufacturers of Bowflex Adjustable Dumbbells available?
- Customer Reviews: Are there people who have bought and valued the product?
- OCU: What is the result of the current test of the Organization of Consumers and Users for Bowflex Adjustable Dumbbells?
- Comparison: Finally, you must carry out an extensive comparison of products and prices taking into account the relevant criteria to find the best product.
- Price: How much money do you have available and are there cheap deals for
Bowflex Adjustable Dumbbells?
- Test reports: Are there well-informed and informative test reports on Bowflex Adjustable Dumbbells?
- Dimensions: What product size is needed or even possible?
- Test results: Which products are currently the best in the Bowflex Adjustable Dumbbells category?
Using the checklist shown above, you can identify several products that meet your needs during the purchase process. Finally, I want you to make a comparison and an evaluation. to identify the best product in the best adjustable dumbbells for women category for you. A tip from our experts: order several products at once. This allows you to see the different Compare models in a direct comparison test and determine the winner of your personal test.
Why does it make sense to consider the sources mentioned in Bowflex Adjustable Dumbbells? There are several reasons for this. First, the independent consumer organization OCU publishes significant test reports on a large number of products at regular intervals. Therefore, it is always advisable to look at the organization's test winner.
In addition, consumer or question and answer portals, such as gutefrage.net, offer useful information. For the best adjustable dumbbells for women category you can already find many recommendations and comments from customers. These are especially valuable, since the other buyers have already carried out their own practical tests.
The following is a list of the contributions of our own experts that are relevant to the topic:
The videos shown for the comparison of best adjustable dumbbells for women were not manually selected by our experts. However, based on an objective evaluation, the videos were considered relevant enough to be displayed in the context of the aforementioned test reports. In principle, our recommendation is that you should watch videos about the product before making any purchase decision.
Summary and Conclusion
Bowflex Adjustable Dumbbells can now be purchased from a wide variety of manufacturers. Therefore, it is not always easy to find the best product. With the help of the objective purchase criteria that our experts have developed for you, you can systematically carry out your purchase decision. However, the process of buying best adjustable dumbbells for women can be simplified. In particular, test reports of this product category (for example, from the OCU) must be taken into account when selecting them. The results of the Bowflex Adjustable Dumbbell tests investigated can help you find good products .
Complete the circuit for 3-5 rounds. Wait a 30-60 second break between rounds.
1. Press the dumbbell on your arm
- With two dumbbells at the side, slightly bent forward on the hips.
- Pull the dumbbells while squeezing the shoulder blades.
- Raise the dumbbells to your shoulders and press above your head.
2. Dumbbells sit down to the side instep
- Holding two dumbbells at your side, with feet wider than shoulder width, sit comfortably in a squat position.
- When your quarters / thighs are almost parallel to the ground, climb up, lifting the dumbbells to your sides.
3. Rear delta row to deadlift
- Hold two dumbbells at your side with palms facing inwards.
- Bent forward at the hips, raise your elbows up, and then return to the starting position, keeping your back straight and heading forward.
- At the end of the delt line, stand up straight (deadlift), then return to the line position.
- Put your hands at shoulder width, with your back straight and the core.
- Lower yourself slowly and explode upwards.
5. Mountain climbers
- Being in a push-up position with a concentrated core, alternately bring each knee to your chest as quickly as possible.