Moving is healthy. However, if you prefer to move into your home’s comfort, a stationary bike may be useful for you.
Read our ranking of the best stationary bikes for small spaces to find out what models are available on the market.
The YOSUDA Indoor Cycling Stationary Bike is currently the most frequently purchased the best stationary bike for small space for home use.
This is because someone has perfectly adapted it to home conditions. It has small dimensions (transport dimensions even smaller).
It is easy to move it from place to place; it allows a weight of less than 20 kg.
The YOSUDA Indoor Cycling Stationary Bike is very popular among exercise bikes used at home.
Its dimensions are relatively small, 80 x 50 x 117 cm (transport dimensions are 64 x 25.5 x 56 cm), weight – 19.3 kg also allows the equipment to be moved by one person.
The exerciser intends to use it with a maximum weight of 120 kg and has a wide, comfortable, height-adjustable seat.
- 【Smooth Stationery Bike】35lbs flywheel and heavy-duty steel frame of the exercise bike guarantee the stability while cycling. The belt driven system provides a smoother and quieter ride than chain transport. It won't disturb your apartment neighbors...
- 【Personalized Fit Exercise Bike】2-ways adjustable non-slip handlebar, 4-ways padded seat (inseam height 25-35in) and a large range of resistance give users a comfortable indoor riding experience. Workout your muscles / lose weight / enhance heart...
- 【LCD Monitor and Ipad Mount】The LCD monitor on exercise bike tracks your time, speed, distance, calories burned and odometer. The gift Ipad holder allows you to enjoy exercising and music at the same time, making it easier to keep exercising.
- 【Safe to Use】The adjustable cage pedals on exercise bike protects you from a fast ride. Press the resistance bar to stop the flywheel immediately. The water bottle holder allows you to replenish water in time. Transport wheels help you easily move...
- 【What You Get】A YOSUDA exercise bike, all tools and instructions are in the package. Online instruction video can help you complete the assembly within 30 minutes. ONE YEAR FREE parts replacement.
Change about the distance from the pedals ranges from 62 to 72 cm. I equipped the pedals with non-slip feet, allowing easy feet retention. What attracts users is the ability to adjust load levels on an 8-point scale.
It made manually the change. The flywheel weighs 6 kg, which is intended for beginners and intermediate users.
Noteworthy is the on-board computer, which displays on the LCD screen, among others, information about distance, speed, duration of the training, pulse level, and calories burned.
The YOSUDA Indoor Cycling Stationary Bike is one of the best-selling bicycles for home use. Why is it considered among the best stationary bikes for small spaces?
Small dimensions: The bicycle in home conditions must be compact. Zippo Drift meets this condition. Its dimensions are 80 x 50 x 117 cm (transport dimensions are 64 x 25.5 x 56 cm).
Simple operation: Operating a computer to read training information is extremely simple. One function button handles all data. And the SCAN function allows you to view all parameters.
Exercise position: Thanks to the adjustable saddle relative to the distance from the pedals between 62 to 72 cm, each user will adjust them to their height. Pedals equipped with non-slip insoles and Velcro straps stabilize the foot during training.
Resistance system: they equipped the bicycle: they equipped the bicycle with a magnetic resistance system characterized by a quiet operation. Eight levels of its change allow you to adjust the resistance to the condition of the person exercising.
Progress monitoring: Thanks to the on-board computer, you always have control over the number of calories burned, distance traveled, current speed, and other data needed to achieve your training goals.
Load change mechanism: Users’ opinions show this element is extremely difficult to assemble properly because the instructions are not only difficult to read, but the attached drawings are blurred and do not provide the information.
The 2nd one on our list of the best stationary bikes for small spaces is Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike. It comes with Resistance ME-709, a novelty in the offer of York Fitness.
I equipped the equipment with a magnetic wheel weighing 7 kg, and the dimensions of the entire bicycle are 63x105x142 cm.
- STEP-THROUGH DESIGN – Featuring heavy-duty construction 14-gauge steel tubing with a powder coated finish, the step-through design allows maximum mobility during training for quick mounting and dismounting that is created easier for the knees and back....
- EIGHT RESISTANCE LEVELS – This stationary bike uses a magnetic resistance mechanism with 8 levels of resistance. The tension knobs control the difficulty to simulate riding on different terrains and customize your workout according to fitness level
- EASY-TO-READ COMPUTER SCREEN – The ultra-functional LCD computer screen acts as a odometer and has a sharp panel display that shows time, speed, distance, and calories burned in extra-large numbers for great readability.
- COMFORTABLE PADDED SEAT – The equipment has an ergonomically designed saddle furnished with comfortable high-density foam. It features contoured foam-covered handles for extra support of the back and arms to help maintain proper form when exercising.
- COUNTERBALANCED PEDALS – Weighted pedals designed to provide maximal foot support while offering ultimate control. This bike is equipped with adjustable foot straps to create the perfect fit for your feet.
- Sport type: exercise_&_fitness
- Included components: Recumbent BIke
- This item benefits from an Extended 90 Day Return Window
It weighs 33 kg, but transporting or moving it around the house should not cause any problems, because of the mounted transport rollers.
However, the maximum weight of a bicycle user should not exceed 110 kg. I equipped the equipment with several functions.
The user can check the exercise duration, rotational speed, distance traveled, energy expenditure, and heart rate by installing a computer.
Also, the device has a signal for exceeding the maximum heart rate. Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709 has been equipped with several training programs.
We can use one of 19 training programs or set the course of exercises yourself.
We also have the option of using time, distance, or calorie oriented programs. The manufacturer also provided for a pulse-controlled program.
The bike itself can be adapted to our physical conditions, as it has a vertical and horizontal change of the seat and handlebar.
Users praise the compact dimensions of the device and the quietness of the work and many training programs.
Saddle change: The Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709 allows you to adjust the saddle vertically and horizontally, allowing you to adjust the bike well to each exerciser and be especially useful in a home where there are people with large height variations.
Many settings: The manufacturer has equipped this training bike with 19 training programs, 12 pre-defined programs, and manual programs. Also, the user can choose a program oriented on time, distance, and calories.
Adjustable load: The presented training bike can adjust the level of difficulty. It has been equipped with a 16-grade load scale, so the person exercising can adjust the level to their capabilities.
Easy to measure progress: Thanks to the extensive functions and the computer installed, you can easily monitor your progress.
Not only do we have access to data such as time, linear and rotational speed, or distance traveled. We can also monitor your heart rate.
Inaccurate user manual: The device allows you to create profiles of 4 people. Unfortunately, the instruction manual does not tell you how to switch between them.
The Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike is a sports equipment that should especially appeal to people planning to share it with others, not necessarily of similar height, because the bike we describe has up to 6 saddle settings, between 70 cm to 90 cm.
The seat and the steering wheel are also covered with soft foam that prevents various pains caused by long workouts.
- 【ENOUGH RESISTANCE FOR ALL FITNESS LEVELS】- Level 1 is perfect for beginners while Level 8 will make anyone work for it. Other bikes don't come close to our max resistance. Don't waste money on a bike that will be too easy in a few months. Get a bike...
- 【300 POUND WEIGHT CAPACITY】- Solid steel frame has been providing safe and effective workouts for over 10 years.
- 【COMPACT & QUIET】- Perfect for smaller spaces, this exercise bike folds into a 22" x 20" footprint. So quiet, you won't disturb anyone in the room.
- 【EASY READ LCD COMPUTER】- A Large 3.5" x 1.5" LCD screen makes it easy to see your Distance, Calories Burned, Time, Speed and Pulse.
- 【ADJUSTABLE SEAT HEIGHT】- Fits users from 5'3 to 6'1. Perfect for starting a fitness journey with your partner.
- 【COMFORTABLE SEAT】-15" x 10" seat provides comfortable support for those longer rides.
- 【DESIGNED FOR THE FUTURE】-Get the MyCloud Fitness Cadence sensor (SOLD SEPARATELY) to track your workouts. Stream motivating fitness classes and track your food calories. The future of connected fitness means you don't have to do it alone.
- 【WITH A HISTORY OF EXCELLENCE】- We've helped over 3 million people reach their fitness goals in the last 14 years. 20K reviews later, this foldable bike has stood the test of time.
All equipment weighs 12 kg, and its dimensions are 120 cm x 42 cm x 93 cm. However, the maximum weight of the exercising person should not exceed 120 kg. It is a mechanical bicycle, but it has adjustable resistance.
The user can do this using smooth, manual resistance change. The HS-010H Rio Mechanical Bike is equipped with a computer that allows you to control the most important training parameters during exercise.
So we can monitor the speed, exercise time, distance traveled, and calories burned.
I satisfied most consumers with the purchase of the Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise bike.
They show the bike is the best folding fitness equipment for small space. It is compact and ideal for beginners or those who do not plan intensive training.
Compact sizes: Since it is a mechanical bicycle, we have not equipped it with a flywheel, so it weighs only 12 kilograms.
Compact dimensions, which are 120x42x93 cm, also characterized it.
Ease of use: This is the basic version of the exercise bike. This means that many functions and a large variety of settings do not characterize it.
For this reason, the equipment is easy to use, also for people who have no experience in operating this type of equipment.
Plastic caps: The manufacturer has equipped this bike with plastic footpads, which not only prevent the floor from being scratched but also stabilize the equipment by reducing the risk of its movement during intensive exercises.
No transport wheels: The Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike is not equipped with transport wheels. Fortunately, the equipment weighs only 12 kg, so most people should not have problems moving it.
For women only: The male part of consumers claims it rather directed the bike at the fair sex and men planning intensive training may not be enough.
The Cyclace Exercise Stationary Bike is a device measuring 80 x 43 x 114 cm and weighing 16.5 kg. I have equipped it with a magnetic resistance system that can be adjusted.
The user can choose one of 8 levels of difficulty. I have equipped this device with several amenities that make it one of the best exercise bike for small space.
- Stable Indoor Bike-Cyclace exercise bicycle provides a stable, quiet and safe cycling. Equipped with thickened steel, triangular frame, 36lbs flywheel and belt driven system, can support to 330lbs and is smoother than chain. A good choice for home gym.
- Effective Exercise Bike- More down at less time. Riding can burn fat quickly, build core muscles and strengthen heart, but reduce injuries. Multi-grip handlebar, with adjustable resistance, our stationary bike meets the needs of beginners to...
- Personalized Stationary Bike- A full adjustable indoor machine for family use. A longer adjustable seat support post, 2-way adjustable non-slip handlebar and 4-way seat for people (inseam 28-39”) to use. Wheels help you to move the cycle bike easily.
- Easier to Stick to Workout- The LCD monitor tracks your time, speed, distance, calories burned and odometer while you are cycling. Put you phone on the holder to watch videos. Comfortable seat cushion allows you to ride for longer time.
- What You Get- Not only an exercise bikes, but also your sport life and good partner!
These include non-slip, balanced pedals, and a comfortable, adjustable saddle (the user has five levels available, whose height range is between 65 – 85 cm).
Also, the manufacturer has equipped this magnetic bike with several functions to monitor exercise progress. And so, thanks to the computer, we can check the time, speed, distance traveled, and calories burned.
However, thanks to touch sensors to measure the pulse, we know how it is during the exercise. An interesting solution that will appeal to younger people is a special shelf for mobile devices.
So we can put a smartphone or even a tablet there during the exercises. Those who use this bike for exercise say that it is good and quiet.
Compact dimensions: Even though it is a magnetic bike, it has rather compact dimensions, 80 cm long, 42 cm wide, and 114 cm high. So you don’t need a lot of space to use this exercise machine.
Exercise comfort: Many consumers report this bike is comfortable when exercising, mainly because of its quiet operation.
Loud bikes can be not only annoying for bystanders but also for those who exercise. Also, consumers say that the equipment is stable, which gives a sense of security when exercising.
Easy assembly: Equipment, after purchase, gets ready to assemble. As consumers say, thanks to the detailed instructions, assembling the bicycle takes a while and can also be carried out by a person who does not have much experience in this type of work.
Insufficient change: Very tall and very short people say that this bike does not have sufficient change range. This means that they do the exercises uncomfortably, and thus they get tired faster and strain the spine.
No transport wheels: The Cyclace Exercise Stationary Bike is not equipped with transport wheels, and because it weighs over 16 kg, some may have a problem moving it.
Rank#05 – Lanos Folding Exercise Bike
I equipped the Lanos Folding Exercise Bike with a 5 kg flywheel. All equipment weighs 17 kg, and its dimensions are 77 × 50.5 × 123 cm. This exercise bike complies with the European safety standard EN957.
- 【The #1 Fast, Fun, and Easy Way to Lose Weight in the Comfort of Your Home!】 With gyms closing down every other week, it’s time to take the power back into your own hands! Now you can enjoy exercising anytime in the comfort of your living with your...
- 【New Ultra Quiet Design and Upgraded LCD Monitor for Optimal Performance!】 Your 100 percent complete satisfaction is our highest priority! We improved our precision balanced flywheel home exercise bike to make for an even smoother and ultra quiet...
- 【Easy To Assemble in 20 - 30 Minutes With Complete Instruction Video & Manual Included!】 We know your time and energy is valuable. That's why we made the assembly of your premium Lanos Exercise Bike easy, fast, and clear. Your purchase includes a...
- 【Just 30 Minutes a Day to Change Your Life!】 Did you know you can burn 200-300 calories just by riding 30 minutes on your Lanos Indoor Exercise Bike? Get toned abs, sexy glutes, and lean legs while getting in shape the fun and easy way! Enjoy biking...
- 【Amazing Gift Idea To Get In Shape!】 Do you know someone who wants to improve their mental and physical health? Our top rated Lanos Cycling Machine is a great solution to get in shape at an unbeatable price and quality! Great gift idea for...
The manufacturer has set a maximum user weight of 100 kg. The MMS magnetic resistance system was used in this device (the resistance is increased or decreased by reducing or increasing the distance between the magnet and the flywheel).
The pedals’ resistance, which translates into training difficulty, can be adjusted using the knob on the steering wheel.
A computer that helps you track your speed, time, and calories burned during training will help. The Stationary, Magnetic Body Sculpture C1660 bike is also equipped with pulse sensors that allow you to conduct a safe workout.
Consumers report it is one of the best exercise bike for small spaces that allows you to conduct training at home. So we can take care of our figure and health without leaving home.
MMS magnetic resistance system: The Lanos Folding Exercise Bike is equipped with MMS magnetic resistance system, which makes both training and resistance regulation smooth. This system also positively affects the volume of the device.
Compact dimensions: The bike has the following dimensions: 77 cm long, 50.5 cm wide, and 123 cm high. It should fit into an average size house without creating a feeling of clutter and cluttering up space.
No transport rollers: The device is compact, but its weight of 17 kg and no transport rollers makes moving it a challenge. It should not take alone this because you can damage your floors and worsen your spine.
Low maximum load: The manufacturer states that the maximum load of this bike, so the person exercising the weight should not exceed 100 kg. This is not enough, especially considering that most training bikes available in stores have a maximum of 120 kg load.
Rank#06 – VIGBODY Exercise Bike Indoor Cycling Bicycle Stationary Bikes
The bike is intended for home use, for users up to 120 kg. The equipment is quiet and has an adjustable resistance level of 8 degrees.
Its advantage is low weight and small size. The bicycle is received in a “folded” condition.
- 【Sturdy Construction】Our Exercise Bikes are equipped with 1.5mm thickened heavy-duty commercial quality square tube, and a heavy duty bidirectional flywheel 35lbs, support up to more than 330LBS weight capacity, very stable and durable.
- 【Thickened Brake Pad】One of this exercise bike's most unique features is the thickened brake pad that is made from wool felt. Not only it is stronger, but it also significantly reduces noise for a quieter run, and more wear-resistant, service life is...
- 【Adjustable To Fit Most Users】You can easily adjust the saddle’s height (33.5-38.5 in), the distance between your saddle and the handlebars and handlebar height (37.8-44 in), inseam adjustment is about Min 28- Max 35 in, pedal toe clips with straps...
- 【Adjustable Resistance】Switch up the intensity of your workout with the convenient tension knob. With a simple twist, you can increase or decrease resistance so your workout can remain challenging and effective throughout your fitness journey....
- 【Keep Track Of Your Workouts】LCD monitor displays scan, time, speed, distance, calories, and odometer. You can adjust your workout speed and intensity and set your workout timer using these datas.
- 【100% Warranty】One year warranty of parts replacement. Longer warranty, better service, you can have 100% satisfication with this Indoor Cycling Bike. Customer satisfaction is our top priority. Get VIGBODY Exercise Bike, Start More Active And Healthy...
- 【VIGBODY Exercise Bike】Design and produce fitness equipment more than 13 years. VIGBODY indoor exercise bikes have served more than 1,000,000 families. We are so confident this stationary bicycle can be your great home fitness partner.
Users report that the assembly instructions are illegible in places, and the drawings are blurry, and it is difficult to assemble the load change mechanism properly. The bike allows you to train at home.
It is attractive in terms of design. The adjustable seat allows the use of equipment by people of different height, and the computer informs about the progress of training.
The training bike presented here allows you to adjust the saddle, not only vertically but also horizontally.
Nineteen training programs and 12 pre-defined programs allow you to choose the right one for you.
Users report the manufacturer attaches to the bicycle vague instructions, in which not all information is included.
- 【Great Value Gift for Seniors, Parents】Compared with spinning bikes, BARWING X-Bike is the more suitable gift for parents' health. It has more adjustments, less noise, takes up less space, simpler installation methods, more portable folding storage...
- 【 16-8-2-3 FOLDING SPINNING BIKE】 —16 Levels adjustable magnetic resistance. —8 Seat height adjustments. —2 Seat angle adjustments. —3 Workout bike posture adjustments: upright, recline, and folding. Barwing’s X-bike allows you to exercise...
- 【4 IN 1 TOTAL BODY WORKOUT】 You can use the upright posture or the inclined posture for exercise, depending on your habits and training purpose. Arm and leg resistance bands help better improve upper body and leg strength. In any case, it will become...
- 【SUPER QUIET】 The upgraded magnetic resistance keeps the exercise bike very quiet while riding, it also provides 16 levels of gear adjustment for you to ride freely. Heavy-duty steel frame combined with X-type design physical balance theory, provide...
- 【EASY ASSEMBLY: 50 Min】 For different groups of people, such as adults, seniors, and people who are good or not good at using tools, the average time from unpacking to completion of assembly is 50 minutes. The product structure design is easy to...
- 【SATISFACTION GUARANTEE SERVICE】 BARWING provides telephone message service, guarantees to request buyers within 12 hours, and can provide a 1-year warranty service. Please don't worry about the problem with the product you received, we will provide...
- 【FOLD, MOVE, STORE】 The folding exercise bike stationary can be fully folded to occupy minimal space for storage. Come with transport wheels for you to move the exercise bike easily at your home gym.
- 【LCD DISPLAY & PHONE HOLDER】 LCD monitor tracks your time, speed, distance, calories burned, and odometer while you are cycling--to give you a more scientific exercise date. Place your phone on the phone holder to watch your favorite shows while...
For example, they couldn’t find information on how to set up different users and their profiles.
The BARWING Foldable Exercise Stationary Bike offers substantial change and personalization options to users, thanks to which you can create a training program perfect for their own needs.
The bicycle’s dimensions are 63x105x142 cm, and it weighs 33 kg.
The XTERRA Fitness FB350 Folding Exercise Bike offers to 6 saddle positions that are made of a soft sponge. The equipment dimensions are 120 cm x 42 cm x 93 cm, and its weight is 12 kg.
- Solid X-frame design folds to just 20.5" x 20.5" of floor space when not in use
- Large anatomically designed seat with back pad and multi-grip padded handlebars are designed for long-lasting comfort and support
- 2" x 1" LCD window clearly displays speed, distance, time, calories, and pulse
- 8 levels of manual resistance are easily controlled through the large dial tension know for users of all fitness levels
- Monitor your heart rate with handlebar mounted hand-pulse sensors to help you stay in your target heart rate.
This makes it a fairly compact bike, ideal for small spaces. Even though the bike weighs only 12 kg, the lack of transport wheels can be troublesome and significantly impedes equipment change, especially for people with a smaller grip.
It is a basic and compact exercise bike that is perfect for beginners or those who do not plan intensive and frequent exercises.
The equipment is easy to use and has basic functions to monitor progress.
Best stationary bike for small space – Buying Guide
People who dislike working out in the gym often decide to buy sports equipment for home use. Stationary bicycles and elliptical cross trainers are the most popular.
Are you wondering which product will work better in your case? We’ve presented the most important pros and cons of both devices.
Why choose an Elliptical bike?
An elliptical cross trainer is an elliptical machine that is mainly used for cardio or endurance exercises.
We engage almost all muscles during training to work because we move our legs and arms, and we also balance the body to maintain balance.
The elliptical cross trainer allows not only to burn calories, but also to improve the body’s efficiency and endurance. Regular exercise on equipment makes us feel better, and we are more resistant to fatigue.
One of the most important advantages of an elliptical cross trainer is that it is suitable for younger and slightly older users.
The training is extremely comfortable because the elliptical machine works quietly and has a special electromagnetic motor that allows you to choose the optimal exercise program and load.
It is worth mentioning that elliptical cross trainer exercises are suitable not only for slimming people but also for those undergoing rehabilitation after various types of injuries.
The possibility of training the upper and lower parts of the body simultaneously means that we can avoid the need to look for special exercise plans to sculpt a muscle part.
Disadvantages of Elliptical Bike
The elliptical bike indeed has many advantages, but before buying, we must consider whether the equipment will not take up too much space at home.
Typically, such products are extensive and can limit free space in the room (although some models can be folded quickly if necessary).
Also, you can not forget that the results of exercise on an elliptical bike will only be seen if the training is long enough (minimum is about 40 minutes).
For this reason, users with low motivation give up this form of physical activity after a few or several days.
People who need varied training to get discouraged from the sport too quickly will also not like the elliptical bike.
Here, you need to keep a steady pace all the time, which is difficult, especially if we are not in good shape.
Advantages of the training bike
Once we know which trainers recommend the best stationary bikes for small spaces, let’s think about whether we need such a product.
This type of sports equipment allows you to burn calories quickly and successfully replace a traditional bike, especially in the autumn and winter.
The stationary model allows you to adjust the wheel load, and this means that you do not feel any discomfort, and you can choose the intensity of exercise to your options.
Training on a bicycle looks slightly different from with an elliptical cross-trainer. Here, we mainly carve the lower parts of the body, i.e., the calves’ muscles, thighs, and buttocks.
Regular pedaling is a way to shape your legs and reduce the visibility of cellulite beautifully.
Also, the best stationary bikes for small spaces are usually cheaper than an elliptical machine, and it also takes up less space, so it will certainly fit even in a small, home gym.
What are the disadvantages of the exercise bike?
The exercise bike’s basic disadvantage is that we need to look for additional exercises if we also want to sculpt the upper body.
The training must therefore be more extensive, and therefore usually takes more time.
Calm cycling on the exercise bike is a method to improve body endurance, recommended among other people who have had a heart attack.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What does a stationary bike do?
Ans: Riding an exercise bike, like any other activity, brings certain benefits. Regular exercise helps improve fitness and make fatigue appear later than usual.
When cycling, the legs work primarily so that they can become more muscular and the skin tense after a while.
Exercises of this type also contribute to losing extra kilos. However, you have to be patient because the effects do not appear immediately.
Riding a best stationary bikes for small spaces can be included in the group of cardio exercises, i.e., endurance exercises designed to improve heart performance.
The advantage of such activity is that almost anyone can start it, and there is a minor risk of any injury.
Q2: Stationary bike – how to exercise to lose weight?
Ans: Often, the reason people choose regular training is the desire to lose weight. Can it be done by riding a stationary bike?
Yes, of course. However, this training type must be done for a sufficiently long time and remember about regularity if we want to achieve results.
It is assumed that fat burning occurs only after about 30 minutes of physical activity. So if you want to achieve a certain weight, it’s best to spend about 40 minutes on exercise.
It is also worth monitoring your heart rate during activity. It is recommended that within a minute, there were 120 two 140 beats.
Some sports devices available on the market have built-in heart rate monitors that are usually found on the handlebar grips.
Q3: Stationary bike – how many calories can you burn?
Ans: Many people are interested in how many calories you can burn on a stationary bike.
There is no obvious answer to this question, because various factors influence it, and more precisely: the pace of work, our weight, duration of training.
It is estimated that during an hour’s drive, we can burn up to 750 kcal. Often, the bikes are equipped with special computers that estimate the number of calories burned.
If we want to make training more effective, i.e., bring better results, we should extend its duration. It is also good to keep a steady pace during training.
Q4: how many does a stationary bike cost?
Ans: Is buying a stationary bicycle an enormous expense? It depends on our expectations. If the basic model is enough for us, we will usually not pay more than a few hundred zlotys for it.
Good quality sports equipment made of high-quality materials and easy to carry can be purchased for around $400.
The more stationary bike has more features and innovative solutions, the more expensive it is. Models available for over 1000 PLN. It is not uncommon for equipment to reach $2,000.
Q5: Where to buy a stationary bike?
Ans: Consumers can purchase a stationary bike in two ways: going to the store or choosing to shop online.
Both solutions have their pros and cons. Speaking of advantages, shopping in a stationery store has the advantage that you can check the equipment on site, and often test it.
Online shopping does not require so much commitment, because you can take them anywhere off the day or night. Often stationary bicycles are cheaper on the Internet than in a regular store.
Shopping guide – Which stationary bike to buy?
A training bike is the simplest equipment that can stand in our home. Thanks to it, we will keep fit throughout the year. A huge plus of cycling is that it doesn’t burden your joints like running.
It is an ideal sport for people who are overweight because it perfectly supports losing weight. You also can’t forget that it allows us to practice every day, regardless of the weather outside.
Therefore, in this guide, we will provide some essential tips on which stationary bike to choose.
In sports stores, we find various bicycle models and usually throw them into categories – cheap or expensive; possibly at an average price. This is, of course, an intuitive division.
So we’ll start by dividing the bikes into types by suggesting what the models are. You need to know that some equipment is better for people with a sick heart, others who have problems with the spine.
There are three types of bikes for riding position – vertical, horizontal, and spinning. However, this is not all.
The resistance mechanism is also important, and in this case, we divide bikes into magnetic, mechanical, and electromagnetic.
In such models, we assume an upright position or slightly leaning forward during training, i.e., more or less the same as when riding a city or trekking bike.
Such equipment will therefore be suitable for people who have problems with the heart – the circulatory system. Instead, it is advised against all those who suffer from backache.
As the name suggests, in this case, you train in a lying position – the seat has a backrest, and the pedals are forward, as in some three-wheeled vehicles.
Such equipment is suitable for people who have back problems, especially for obese people, because they also support the abdominal muscles.
Is it spinning – only for athletes?
It is accepted that spinning bikes are a type that is aimed at professionals because they resemble performance bikes.
Of course, they provide more intensive training, but it will also be suitable for obese people because they have solid construction.
How it works, i.e., magnetic, mechanical, and electromagnetic bicycles.
With the first type of equipment, the wheel brake is a magnetic brake. Such devices are more expensive than mechanical ones, but quiet and often rich in various functions.
Mechanical bikes are a cheaper solution, but loud work, which can be very tiring in a small apartment, characterizes them.
The most expensive option is the electromagnetic equipment. We have a microprocessor and an electric motor, so the device has a larger work regulation range.
The mass of the flywheel is not insignificant.
A very important element that determines which stationary bike is the best will be the flywheel’s mass.
You need to know that the higher the weight, the smoother the equipment will work, and the more stable it will be.
On the market, you will find equipment with a flywheel weight from 4 kg to 20 kg, although the most popular are those between 7 kg – 12 kg.
If you buy equipment that is too light, which may seem like an asset at the time of purchase, it may tilt during operation. This creates a danger and also makes the machine louder.
Load degree change of exercise bike
The bike should have load regulation so that you can adjust the equipment to suit your needs and the effects you want to achieve.
Also, several people will often train on one machine, each with different expectations.
Maximum weight of the exercising person
If you buy equipment to lose weight, then this thread is very important to you. Most devices have limits of about 120 kg, but some models can withstand up to 160 kg.
If you do not have such needs, it will not be so important to you. However, if you are overweight or are buying equipment with such people in mind, check it out.
Weight and then the height
You checked the weight, so it’s time to grow. Each equipment has some restrictions. Fortunately, there are regulations, such as the saddle height change range. If you are very tall, check if the equipment can be adapted to your needs.
Machines without such regulations are not very popular, but you can find them. Also, remember that such an element is important when several people are to use the device.
It is also worth making sure that you can adjust other elements, such as the steering wheel or pedal distance.
Weight and dimensions of the stationary bike
Before you buy equipment, check its dimensions and how much it weighs.
Especially if the surface on which it is to stand is limited. A good bike should weigh at least 20 kg, but the weight can also reach 80 kg.
Don’t follow the rule – lighter is more mobile. Such equipment must be solid. As for the dimensions – the length starts at 50 cm and ends at 1.5 m, while the width is usually 70 cm.
A lot depends on what type you choose – horizontal, vertical, or spinning.
Features that make exercise bike easy
The exercise bike used to be a simple device that differed from traditional equipment only in appearance.
Now, such machines have computers and many functions. Not all of them are needed, but mostly, it will be very useful.
Among them, there is a pulse measurement function, time measurement, distance measurement (also the total number of kilometers driven), speed, pedaling frequency, calories burned, resting heart rate measurement with a fitness assessment.
The device should also have a system for setting individual parameters: age, weight, and height – thanks to these exercises on the equipment will bring the best results.
It is good to have a USB input or other similar solutions to make driving fun while listening to music. It is also worth checking if the equipment measures efficiency and saves the result.
Thanks to this function, you can check your results before training and after a few weeks, assessing the effects.
Such equipment stands on the floor, so they should support it with elements that do not scratch it.
Of course, it’s best to buy a mat that eliminates shock and vibration – although the noise itself may be small if you buy good equipment.
The machine should have space for placing the smartphone or tablet. Of course, some companies offer their clients advanced equipment with such solutions.
It is good if the device also has room for inserting a water bottle – irrigation during training is the key.
Who offers solid best stationary bikes for small spaces at good prices?
Among the best producers of this type of equipment are Body Sculpture, Fitplay, Hammer, HMS, Hop Sport, Johnson, Kettler, Master Sport, Matrix, Spokey, Star Track, Techno Gym, and many others.
As for the prices themselves – for the simplest mechanical models, it is an expense of about $200 if you are looking for a magnetic one – at least $400, electromagnetic costs over $1500